King Abdulaziz Cardiac Center, National Guard & Saudi Association of Pulmonary Hypertension in collaboration with Postgraduate Training Center (PTC) will hold (Pediatric & Neonatal Critical Ultrasound Course) on 1-2 May 2013 at Nursing Education Center, Riyadh.
The course gives basic skills in Pediatric Critical Care Ultrasound including basic focused ECHO, Lung US, Abdomen US, central line & vascular access guided by US. It will also explain how to incorporate US to enhance the Pediatric & Neonatal Critical Management of hypotension, trauma, Shock, respiratory failure and during certain steps in CPR.
The course format is designed as Interactive lectures with video loops and clinical scenarios and includes the Hands on Training on manikins and volunteers. After attending this course you have the option for the credential exams upon submission of a log book and completing the necessary requirement which will explain after during the course
- Physics & technicality of Ultrasound (US) machines
- Neonatal cranial US
- US guided procedures in PICU/NICU
- Chest and Abdominal US in ICU and ER
- US Vascular access ( including central line)
- Critical US enchanced management scenarios
- Cardiovascular & haemodynamics focused ECHO
- Trans-Cranial Doppler
Hands on training:
- US vascular access (on manikins - Phantoms)
- US chest, heart, abdomen & vocal cords (humans)
- Trans-Cranial Doppler US
- Neonatologists Ped Intensivists
- Ped ER Physicians
- Ped Anesthesiologists
- Ped Surgeons
Fee: 1000 SR (including the International WINFOCUS accreditation).
CME Hours: This course is accredited with 16 hours by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS).
This course is accredited by WINFOCUS
For registration, please contact:
Postgraduate Training Center, Postgraduate Education and Academic Affairs- KSAU-HS
Ms. Deepa Ramesh (Coordinator) at: