He also added that the organizing committee invited well-known speakers in the field of dentistry from all over the world to participate and present what’s new in the field to spread the scientific knowledge between dental specialists which will help in promoting and developing their expertise and skills.
The list of the speakers includes but is not limited to:
- Prof. Stephen Cohen a specialist in Endodontics -USA.
- Prof. Del Miles a specialist in Maxillofacial Oral Surgery & Dental Radiology - USA.
- Prof. Axel Ruprecht a specialist in Dental Radiology - USA.
- Prof. Ralph Palmer a specialist in Dental Prosthetics & Implants – Germany.
- Prof. Daniel Bozor a specialist in Dental Surgery & Implants – Switzerland.
- Prof. Mike Morgan a specialist in Preventive Dental Dare – Australia.
- Dr. Ghaleb Ghorel a specialist in Cosmetic & Restoration Dentistry – Turkey.
- Dr. Juliano Mayino specialist in Orthodontics – Italy.
- Conrad Mebinberg a specialist in Dental Prosthetics & Implant – Switzerland
Dr. Ahydeb concluded by saying that the conference activities will include a 1000 square meter exhibition where local and international companies will show the most recent dental equipment and materials.
Dr. Ibrahim Alawad, the department’s deputy chairman stated that there are many activities within this conference involving more than eight workshops in: Endodontics, Dental Implants, Orthodontics, Cosmetic & Restoration Dentistry and Dental Prosthetics. There will also be other workshops for dental care specialists, dental technicians, laboratory technicians, and dental assistants.
The previous conference was held under the patronage of His Royal Highness Lieutenant - General Prince Mutib bin Abdullah the Deputy Chief of National Guard for Military Affairs, and was attended by nearly 1000 doctors from Saudi Arabia and the Arab Gulf.
It should be noted that the department is one of the active departments that provide excellent services in all areas of specializations for all employees of the National Guard. In addition, it supervises a number of specialized courses in the training of dentists, such as the two-year long advanced dental program launched six years ago in cooperation with the Saudi Dental Society which includes various disciplines in this area, giving the trainee at the end an advanced dental degree. All dentists in the Kingdom can join this program, as well as the school-care program which provides services to school students.