Pharmaceutical service department at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal Hospital in Dammam provides 24 hours, 7 days week coverage of all patients in the wards, Emergency room with the required treatment, also our staff member of the Code Team, collaboration with physicians, nurse, and other health care team to ass treat different types patient.
Hours of Service: Saturday thru Friday (24 hours a day)
Using the talent, expertise and enthusiasm of the Pharmaceutical Services Department staff, the department will provide the highest quality of patient care, through patient-focused action as an integrated team. This will be accomplished through the department’s primary, secondary and tertiary care roles as part of the Health Care Team.
The vision of the department is to be nationally recognized as a quality pharmaceutical care provider. Through our commitment to evidence-based medicine, pharmacotherapy and pharamacoenconomics, we will provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and patient-centered. Our dedication to excellence through research and the development of education and training programs will ensure competent and confident practitioners.
- Promoting the public health in KSA.
- Providing Pharmaceutical Care for the National Guard and public personnel.
- Expanding knowledge through biomedical, behavioral and health services research leading to the prevention and treatment of diseases.
- Improving the health care system, including development innovations in health care.
- Assuring the safe and effective use of drugs and medications by patients.
- Expanding national health resources.
- Responding to natural disasters and emergencies.
- Shaping the health work force, medical knowledge, technology and other resources toward the goal of better health.
- Outpatient Pharmacy: This unit provides services for the patients coming from Outpatient Clinic & emergency department, and the service will provide from 8 AM till 5 PM. For outpatient / 24 hours for emergency clinic in order to minimize the accumulation of medication with the patient the outpatient pharmacy provides Refill Medication service system, by receiving a phone call from the patient to request his/her medication refill.
- Inpatient Pharmacy: Provides the Inpatient pharmacy through 6 inpatient pharmacist to cover all hospital, and provide unit dose medications and giving assistant for the medical team for any pharmaceutical information and verify the order and dispense to the patient. Prepares prescription to patient and provide patient counseling to selected patients.
- Unit Dose Service: Re-packaging the medications for all Inpatient and Outpatient patients
- Sterile Admixture Services: This unit prepares the intravenous solutions like the IV admixtures, total and Parenteral nutrition (TPN). Those preparations prepared under high standard and certain precaution by use the art technology (LFH) to provide reliable and safe service to the patients.
- Chemotherapy Services (Inpatient & Outpatient): Pharmaceutical Care Department provides both Inpatient and Outpatient patient oral / injects able chemotherapy based on the pharmacy guidelines for dispensing cytotoxic drugs, in order to ensure safe dispensing of cytoxoxic medication within therapy period .
- Extemporaneous preparations room: This unit prepares for any need of special compounding not available commercially or any required strength from liquid formulation of certain product.
- Narcotic and Controlled Substances: In order to abide by the rules of Ministry of Health concerning Narcotics and Controlled drugs, the department has a well established unit that keeps inventory and control of these medications. The rules of Ministry of Health are strictly adhered to MOH.
This unit review the stock on the shelves and in the store area based on the pharmacy consumption and they will prepare a list of items required to be order from the warehouse twice monthly also they supply the floor stock items to all nursing unit twice weekly.
Staff list: Currently the department consists of (1) Manager (1) Pharmacy Supervisor (2) Pharmacists I (8) Pharmacist II (9) Pharmacy Technicians (6) Pharmacy Aide and one (1) Administrative Assistant III.
- Mr. Abdulaziz Al Humaidan Manager
- Ali Al Qahtani Supervisor
- Amal Al Mazloom Pharmacist I
- Amani Mahmoud Awad Pharmacist I
- Taher Soubh Pharmacist II
- Taha Al Hajji Pharmacist II
- Areej Ibrahim Pharmacist II
- Seham Shaath Pharmacist II
- Reem Al Mandeel Pharmacist II
- Fayrooz Al Jazzar Pharmacist II
- Reham Sami Aldeen Pharmacist II
- Sahar Khalil Pharmacist II
- Nasser Al Hamam Pharmacy Tech.
- Ceshl Cagalawan Pharmacy Tech.
- Lina Saim Pharmacy Tech.
- Grace Canta Pharmacy Tech.
- Leniven Esteban Pharmacy Tech.
- Jane Pauline Lopez Pharmacy Tech.
- Hazel May Gamido Pharmacy Tech.
- Fayyad Al Hajri Pharmacy Tech.
- Turki Al Dossary Pharmacy Tech.
- Layick Sheik Mohd Pharmacy Aide
- Alberto Paredes Pharmacy Aide
- Vicente Omandam III Pharmacy Aide
- Mishari Al Jaloud Pharmacy Aide
- Nader Al Qahtani Pharmacy Aide
- Abdullah Al-Ghamdi Pharmacy Aide
- Rowena Tuzara Admin. Asst. III
Bed capacity: hence, the imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal hospital can be classified as secondary hospital, however; that all the facilities in the hospital have been utilized and almost 92 beds are occupied and to meet the requirements by providing the best patient care.
Statistical Data: pharmaceutical department submitted the report on monthly/ annual basis to the operation department for all service which is provide by our department, and we are commitment with quality management department in monthly basis with different monitors in provide the highest quality of patient care, through patient-focused action as an integrated team.
- Total Number of Out-Patient’s Medication dispensed was 213,493 items.
- Total Number of In-patients Medication dispensed up to July 2009 was 92,150. When Quadramed was launched on August 2009, Pharmacy did not receive any data for Inpatient medications.
- Total Number of IV Small Bag dispensed was 14,730 for the year 2010.
- Total Number of IV Large Volume Bag dispensed was 2,398 for the year 2010.
Quality Management Indicator: The Pharmacy Department is monitoring the following on monthly basis:
- Medication Errors TID
- Prohibited Abbreviations, Symbols and Acronyms Report for Outpatient.
- Narcotic & controlled wastage report
- Dispensing time monitor
- Discrepancy for PRN Prescribing
- Complications and Clarification of prescription.
- Height, Weight, Allergy
- Double Checking System
- Counseling Monitor
- Completed 72 Orientations of new Physicians.
- Completed 28 orientations of New Nurses.
- Giving preferential lectures to the Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and student trainees.
- Attending Medical meetings that conspicuously improve Pharmacy staff in Clinical practice.
- Counseling for discharged patients.
- Pharmacy has prepared Drug Evaluations for some new medications before adding in the NGHA Drug Formulary.
- The Pharmacy staff has been initiated with JCIA requirements.
- Training of students from different institutions in the Pharmacy.
- The expired items in the Pharmacy became minimal.
- Providing Clinical pharmacy services for all Inpatient and Outpatient in terms of counseling, and education for patients and all health care providers.
- Conduct continuous education program on monthly basis for all pharmacy staff.
Phone: +966-3-8581111 ext. 31687
Our pharmacy department located on the ground floor of the imam abudrhamnn bin fisal hospital in eastern region – Dammam