The mission of Respiratory Services Department is to provide the National Guard personnel and their eligible dependents with the highest standards of patient care. Also, the Respiratory Services promotes and participates in the postgraduate clinical education of Respiratory Therapists and other health care professions. Our commitment is to provide excellent, cost effective Respiratory Care within an interdisciplinary, collaborative and empowering structure. We will assist in teaching the patients and their family to be as independent as possible.
It is our primary goal to achieve and maintain an optimum level of patient care throughout Al Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal Hospital. Hence, the Respiratory Services Department provides 24/7 coverage to patients in the wards, Emergency room, NICU and adult and pediatric intensive care units. Moreover, the Respiratory Services personnel may accept written (telephone or verbal if emergency) order of the physician to implement the following therapeutic procedures: medical gases and oxygen therapy, nebulization, humidification aerosols, pulmonary hygiene, mechanical ventilation, tracheostomy and endotracheal tube care, arterial blood gases, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, asthma education, patients transport and pulmonary function testing.
Specific testing techniques are employed in Respiratory Care to assist in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of patients. This shall be understood to include measurement of ventilatory volumes, pressures, flows, blood gas analysis and other physiologic monitoring procedures including Pulmonary Functions.
- Pulmonary Function Laboratory
The Pulmonary Function Laboratory evaluates for proper functioning of the lung and respiratory system. A wide range of tests are available for both inpatients and outpatients. Pulmonary function testing also is used to follow the course of some diseases, such as asthma and cystic fibrosis, once diagnosed, to monitor for possible treatment complications. In some cases, pulmonary function testing may be requested prior to surgery.
The Pulmonary Function Laboratory provides the following tests and studies:
- Pre & Post Spirometry
- Pulse Oximetry
- Arterial Blood Gas
- Lung Volumes
- Diffusion Capacity
- Walking Oximetry Study
- Exercise Induced Asthma Study
- Methacholine Challenge
- The Respiratory Services Department has been recognized because of its commendable effort in achieving a high percentage of Hand Hygiene compliance for the last couple of years and the department continuously aims to maintain such recognition in the coming years.
- The department excellently passed the JCI Mock Survey last April of 2008 and according to the Quality Management Department; it has been “the best performance by any department” in IABFH-Dammam. Also, the department received a certificate in recognition of its contribution during the JCI reaccreditation in 2009.
- No incident report was written to any of the Respiratory Services staff.
- No medication error was reported against the department.
- Mr. Egab Al Mutairi Manager
- Abdulaziz Al Otaibi Supervisor
- Manal Al Ahmari RT I
- Noorah Al Marry RT I
- Fatmah Al-Ahmary RT I
- Angeles Grace Milan RT I
- Hussein Al Yami RT I
- Mohammed Al Shehri RT II
- Saad Al Saad RT II
- Kamal Al Sofyani RT II
- Abrar Bokhamseen RT II
- Melane Cueva RT II
- Dante Del Rosario RT III
- Eduardo Valle RT III
- Edeva Grace Tanbingag RT III
- Frederic Cerojano RT III
- Mohammed AL Falah RT III (SCDP)
- Dinah Cabalitan PFT Tech
- Abeer Al Muhanna PFT Tech
- Genalyn Morales RT Assistant
- Ricardo Acain III RT Assistant
- Charisse Miras Admin Asst. III
Bed Capacity: 92-bed (Operational)
- The Respiratory Services Department’s total number of procedures per unit for 2010 is 96,295 with no written incident report to the staff.
- The department’s total number of ventilation Care for 2010 is 7,726.50 with ____ cases of ventilated pneumonia.
- The department’s clinical and managerial report percentage of compliance for the year 2010 is 98.068%.
- Manager’s contact information: +966 03 858-1111 ext. 31635 bleep: 1635
- Supervisor’s contact information: +966 03 858-1111 ext. 31635/31637 bleep: 1249
- PFT Lab: +966 03 858-1111 ext. 31636 bleep: 1636
- Respiratory staff’s office:+966 03 858-1111 ext. 31637
|1637 (RT Assistant)
- Respiratory Services’ General Contact Information:
Location: Main Hospital Building
The Respiratory Services Department’s staff office is located at the first floor of the main hospital building in room FV 81.
Room FGN 04 is where the Pulmonary Function Test Laboratory is situated. While the manager and the Administrative Assistant of the department can be found in Rooms 119 and 121 respectively.