- Nutrition services should be available to all in- and outpatients.
- Clinical Nutrition Department served on several committees of JCI to achieve JCI accreditations.
- Establish an appropriate training program and training manual for Saudi intern dietitians. Internship training: the group of 5-6 ever each 4 months internship students from King Abdulaziz University as well as Um Al Qura University.
- New Six (6) Post-graduated Clinical Dietitians for Saudi career Development Program (SCDP) training.
- Establishing of continued nutrition education for staff. Accreditation for departmental Nutrition Academic sessions from the Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
- Community education by giving lectures in schools, camps, public places regarding healthy eating and to promote over all awareness.
- Participation in numerous television/radio programs regarding various nutritional issues.
- Continued contribution to nursing orientation through presentation on nutritional aspects in Saudi Arabia.
- Nutrition Services commenced a specialized Nutrition Metabolic Outpatient Clinic.
- New and updated Department Manual has been developed.
- New and updated Department Scope of Service has been developed.
- New Clinical Practice guidelines have been developed in following areas:
- Adult and Pediatrics oncology
- Enteral Nutrition management
- Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nutritional needs and growth parameters in Pediatric
- Diabetes Mellitus (Type I & II)
- Hepatic Disease
- New Sixteen (16) pathways have been developed in collaboration with pathways taskforce.
- National Enteral Nutrition Therapy (ENT) workshop was organized in June 2011.
- Updated patient therapeutic menu has been developed.
- New and updated tube feeding formulas availability within new contracting as it will start on August-2012.
- Approved scholarship (Cardiac Center, Metabolic disease, Surgical).