Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at KAMC – Riyadh is the busiest department in our medical city with more than 40% of admission and discharges, and 8,697 total deliveries for year 2008. The department consists of three subdivisions with sub-specialist consultants.
General Obstetrics & Gynecology
Provide care for general obstetrics and gynecological patients via outpatient in Clinic 101, inpatients services in Wards 1, 2, 3 & 4 and nursing and midwifery care is performed in our Labor & Delivery unit.
In Vitro Fertilization & Reproductive Endocrinology
Provide In Vitro Fertilization treatment to patients with the inability to become pregnant. With assisted reproduction, a man's sperm and woman's egg are combined until fertilization occurs and thereafter, the embryo is transferred back to the woman's uterus for development.
Perinatology: Feto Maternal Medicine
Perinatology is a subspecialty of obstetrics and perinatologist are physicians who have extensive training in the field of high risk obstetrics thus providing care for both mother and fetus with a higher than normal risk for complications. Under this division, many fetal abnormalities are detected at an early in pregnancy at high percentage accuracy rate.
(A) Chairman: Dr. Mohamed Fawaz Al Muzaini
- Dr. Nadia Ali Al Ghilan
- Dr. Safia Al Sultan
- Dr. Tarek Ibrahim Yakout
- Dr. Fahad Al Salem
- Dr. Mohammed Abushal
- Dr. Salah Al Moghraby
- Dr. Johar Al Saud
- Dr. Badriah Mohammed Al Nouh
- Dr. Hafiza Turkistany
- Dr. Mariam Sherbeeni
- Dr. Maysoon Adham
- Dr. Sawsan Hunain
- Dr. Azza Madkhali
- Dr. Sharifa AlGhamdi
- Dr. Hanan Kadri
- Taghreed Shams
- Dr. Afaf Felemban
- Dr. Samar Hassan
- Dr. Fahad AlSalman
- Dr. Haya Al Foza
- Number of deliveries almost 9,000
- 50% of our patients are high risk patients
- Caesarean section rate + 20%
- IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology unit treats 900+ patients per year
- Almost 40,000 examinations performed last year (2008) in the ultrasound unit
- In the main unit, almost 8,000 ultrasounds performed with 133 invasive procedures.
- Lowest perinatal mortality rate in the country, 5.7/1000
- Diagnosis of fetal abnormality is extremely high
- Our department has the highest passing rate of residents for the Saudi and Arab Board exams. Most of the gold medals were from our institution
Phone number: +966-11-8011111 ext: 13062 - 13611