- Patients will receive safe, quality care consistent with evidence-based standards.
- Nursing and Para-nursing competence and privileging will determine patient assignments
- Patient Advocacy will be the heart of nursing care and related processes and procedures.
- Family centered care concepts will be incorporated into care planning.
- Nursing Services leadership and management drive and support patient centered, quality, safe and cost effective care.
- Systems and processes are developed from a patient perspective.
- Nursing Services leadership and management promote staff retention initiatives
- Just Culture principals are utilized to address adverse and near miss events and practice reviews.
- Cultural diversity will be recognized as strength.
- Implement processes, procedures and structured career development opportunities to support the successful appointment of Saudi Nurses into key Nursing Services positions.
- Integrate Saudi Nurses as part of the health care team in all levels of Nursing Services.
- Promote the profession of Nursing within Saudi Arabia and internationally.
- Provide post graduate nursing programs that are nationally and internationally accredited.
- Provide professional development opportunities aligned with operational and NGHA strategic goals focused on becoming an international center of excellence.
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and professional growth and development.
- Scientific enquiry guides the practice of all Nursing Services staff.
- Contribute to the regional and international body of research and knowledge.
Quality and Patient Safety
- Transparency and openness underpin quality improvement initiatives with a Just Culture.
- Joint Commission International Standards and Patient Safety Goals, along with Nursing Sensitive Quality indicators, form the basis for Nursing specific quality improvement initiatives.
- Active participation in all NGHA and Central Region Quality and Safety initiatives.
- Front line staff demonstrate awareness of risky behaviors and practices.
- Front line staff feel empowered to change practices at the point of care
- Front line staff feel protected to challenge situations that impact negatively on safety or quality.
- Nursing Services leaders and managers are competent in the utilization of Healthcare Quality and Safety principals, processes, and tools.