Pre-operative Instructions for Adults (more than 14 years old) in King Abdulaziz Medical City-Riyadh
Pre-operative Instructions for adults (more than 14 years old)
- You must call two days before your surgery date to confirm your operation. If your surgery date is on Sunday, you will need to phone the Thursday before. If you do not call extension 12241, your surgery will be canceled.
- Please be there 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Please leave jewelry and valuables at home. Only bring a small amount of money with you if necessary.
- Please have a shower and wash your hair the night before surgery.
- Kindly bring in all your medications.
- Kindly bring in your crutches if you are advised to use them.
- If you have diabetes, do not take insulin or any other diabetic medication on the morning of surgery.
- If you have high blood pressure, please take your regular blood pressure medication with a small sip of water the morning of surgery.
- If you are asthmatic, take two (2) puffs of your regular inhalers the morning of surgery.
- If you take any other medications in the morning, confirm with the surgical coordinator, doctor, or PAC clinic whether to take your medication as usual.
- Please do not eat or drink anything from midnight onwards the night before your surgery except water; you should stop it two hours before surgery
- Ensure you have organized a lift home by a responsible adult over 18 years of age after surgery. Do not drive yourself home.
- If you develop sore throat, cough, runny nose, or fever the day of surgery or the day before, please call: Day Care Unit/ Patient Services in KAMC, Tel: 0118011111, ext: 12241, and let them know.