The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), in collaboration with the Postgraduate Training Center, KSAU-HS and the Department of Pharmacy, MNGHA, will be conducting the Compounded Sterile Preparation Certificate For Pharmacists
- Intravenous (IV) Supervisors
- Pharmacy Residents
- Contains 16 modules, online program
- 38 ACPE CE hours plus SCFHS CME hours
- Serves as a preparatory course for pharmacists planning to sit for the BPS BCSCP certification exam
- Covers both current USP<797 > as well as proposed USP<797 > and USP <800 >
- Professional certificate requirements:
- Successful completion of a 100-question online comprehensive exam
- Successful hands-on demonstration
This program provides continuing education for pharmacists, incorporating recorded presentations, readings, video demonstrations, and exercises in curricular modules. The program covers sterile product preparation practice standards and regulations, pharmacy calculations, facilities and engineering controls, environmental monitoring, cleanroom personnel behaviors, sterile compounding components and procedures, stability and sterility, beyond-use date assignment, non-sterile to sterile compounding, hazardous drugs, managing products until final check or disposal, patient care, and overall quality management. After completing all of the modules, participants should be proficient in the both basic compounding techniques and advanced skills required to lead and manage safe and compliant sterile product preparation in a cleanroom environment.
- Send your concise CV for assessment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject please write “COMPOUNDED STERILE”.
- Confirmation and the link of the registration site will be sent by email if you are qualified to register.
- After registering, you will receive further instructions how to proceed with the online course. This will include an access code from the ASHP. Online course must be finished before March 2020.
- After completing the online module, you should take a 100-question online comprehensive exam (two attempts allowed) with at least 80 percent passing rate. Online exam must also be done before March, 2020.
- After passing the online exam, you will be required to attend the hands-on demonstration and training that will be supervised by a qualified pharmacist from ASHP. Hands-on will run on 8-10 March 2020 at the Postgraduate Training Center, Deanship of Postgraduate Education Building, KSAU-HS, Riyadh.
COURSE FEE – SAR 5,000 (Limited seats. For selected CVs only)
For more details please contact: +966 11 42 91063 or call directly the extension 84- 91063.
Click Here for Sterile Product Preparation Certificate Course